- ACT Storytellers
- We are an incorporated non-profit group. We encourage and promote storytelling as an integral part of community life. To achieve this we: meet regularly, encourage people to tell and develop their skill as storytellers, provide storytelling sessions in the community. ACT Storytellers Guild Inc. Current Executive: President: Roslyn Hull: email@example.com Vice President: Mollie Bialkowski: MollieBee@westnet.com.au Secretary: Cherie Burns: firstname.lastname@example.org Treasurer: Catherine Panich: email@example.com
Saturday, 20 May 2017
This program is suitable for adults.
Do you like telling stories? Do you like listening to stories? Come to the library to meet new people and share stories during a cosy session animated by the Storytellers Guild ACT. You are welcome to bring a memory object if you wish to tell your story.
- Bookings are essential for this program as places are limited. We are unable to accommodate participants who have not made a booking.
- Please contact the library if you wish to amend or cancel your booking. This will enable others to participate in the program.
- Please arrive 10 mins early to allow time to check in; this assists the program to run on schedule.
Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Our storytellers will be part of a great day out for the whole family!
KIDSCAPE is an exciting free event for KIDS! Full of diverse, fun and creative activities ranging from parkour workshops, a mountain biking skills track, enchanting story-telling, nature play, with mud and sand, sticks and stones, hay bales, shipping ropes, cardboard, urban farming, drawing, writing and much more!
KIDSCAPE is a public event undertaken by The Australian Institute of Landscape Architects (AILA) as part of the 2016 International Festival of Landscape Architecture. The event has been created in collaboration with the ACT Government, the National Capital Authority and In The City Canberra to encourage kids to speak out about their future city.
AILA is committed to advocating for the role of children in the design of our cities and KIDSCAPE will provide the kids of Canberra with activities that will inspire, excite, generate imagination and encourage them to ask questions that start conversations focused on urban design, living in an urban environment and how they see the future of their city unfolding.
KIDSCAPE is a free event and accessible to all Canberrans, open from 10:00am - 4:00pm. Check out WHAT'S ON and make sure you register if you are interested in attending one of the activities!
Saturday, 30 July 2016
Puppets and the Storyteller with Patsy Allan
An interactive workshop for early childhood educators, librarians and parents and anyone who would like to use puppets to engage their listeners in stories, rhymes and songs. Patsy uses puppets to enhance the story or song not to perform puppet shows.
Participants of this workshop can expect to:
- Be introduced to the possibilities of puppets as a tool to enrich and enliven a story performance
- Observe puppet/teller interaction in the performance of the story
- Develop a puppet’s personality and voice that conveys what the teller wants the audience to know about the puppet
- Practice basic hand movements to give lifelike movement to the puppet
- Discuss what stories might have puppet possibilities
- Become aware of online and print resources available on the topic of storytelling with puppets.
- Become aware of difference between ‘Puppetelling' and putting on a puppet show, especially when advertising a story session
- Be given the opportunity to practice with puppets and take away at least one story or song to use in the following week.
COST: $20.00 (members of ACT Storytellers Guild) $30.00 (non-members)